Top Features: Stacked Dryers
- QuadraTouch Pro Controls w/ Smart Loop Technology
- Grain Cross-OverTM System
- Higher capacity and flexibility with short-fill height
In addition to the single and dual fan and heater grain dryers, Sukup also offers double and triple stack grain dryers. These units are available in 2, 3, 4, or 6 fan configurations to meet your drying needs.
Sukup Stack Grain Dryers have all of the outstanding features of our single and split-plenum dryers. In addition, they have our exclusive, patented Grain Cross-OverTM System.
Axial Fan Stacked Dryers
Axial fan stacked dryers can run in full heat or heat/pressure-cool mode. You can easily switch from full heat to heat/cool mode with just a touch of a button on the QuadraTouch ProTM controls.
Centrifugal Stacked Dryers
Centrifugal stacked dryers use vacuum-cooling which can be 20-30% more fuel efficient than pressure-cooling. They can run either full heat or heat/vacuum-cool. Centrifugal fans are quieter than axial fans and perform better in the higher static pressure conditions that exist with vacuum-cooling.
Hybrid Stacked Dryers
Hybrid Dryers use an axial fan on the top module and a centrifugal fan on the bottom. The hybrid dryer is a more economical way to reap the benefits of the full heat/vacuum cool dryer configuration. The top module is equipped with a direct drive axial fan that doesn't require a belt. Axial fans put out more airflow than centrifugal fans at low static pressure, so you use less horsepower to get the same airflow. The bottom module is equipped with a centrifugal fan which allows you to vacuum-cool.
U.S. Patent #6,360,451
Patented Grain Cross-OverTM System
Sukup developed the patented Grain Cross-OverTM System to help eliminate over drying and balance the moisture content of dried grain in a stacked dryer configuration.
The innovative system segregates and switches grain from one side of the dryer to the other as it passes from the top module to the one below. It balances exposure of all the grain to adverse weather conditions, such as cold wind and/or rain.
It also switches the grain from the inside of the column to the outside, preventing grain from over drying and producing more consistent moisture content.
The QuadraTouch ProTM is the simple-to-use touch screen control system used on all Sukup Grain Dryers.
The extremely user-friendly menu-driven system makes operation easy for those who are not tech-savvy.
It is designed to eliminate around-the clock monitoring and increase productivity and efficiency.
S.M.A.R.T. Loop (Simultaneous Monitoring And Reaction Technology) uses advanced algorithms to increase dryer efficiency and reduce large swings in temperature and discharge moisture.
The PLC-based system is built to withstand harsh environments such as dust, humidity, and electrical noise.
The touchscreen can be remotely-located up to 200 ft. away from dryer using an Ethernet cable.
The system received an AE50 award from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers for outstanding innovations in agriculture.
The QuadraTouch ProTM assits in troubleshooting by directing you to the specific fault that shut down your dryer and providing videos, wiring diagrams and excerpts from the manual right on screen.
Quad Metering Rolls
Sukup's exclusive, patented Quad Metering Roll System is standard on all Sukup Portable Grain Dryers.
By using two metering rolls on each dryer column, Sukup is able to pull grain down the drying columns at different speeds. The inner, hotter layer of grain is pulled down the column faster than the cooler, outer layer. The process produces more even moisture content of the dried grain, minimizes damage, and maintains higher test weights and overall quality.
They reduce moisture variation and maintain grain quality without blocking airflow or creating spots for debris to accumulate.
The Sukup Quad Metering Roll System received an AE50 Award from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
Automatic Moisture Control
Sukup was the first company to make true moisture sensing standard on its dryers.
Sensing the moisture content, rather than temperature, gives a more accurate measure of drying progress and results in more consistent final moisture content.
Moisture content information is collected from the sensor located in the discharge tube.
Fans & Heaters
Sukup stacked dryers are powered by either low-speed axial fans or centrifugal fans or a combination of both.
- Are low-speed fans - 1750 RPM
- Low-speed axial fans are quieter than traditional axial fans used for in-bin drying and aeration because they run at half the speed.
- Sukup fans are well-known within the agricultural industry for their high airflow, efficient operation and excellent reliability.
- Double inlet style
- Belt driven
- Capable of maintaining airflow at higher static pressure as seen with vacuum-cooling
- Extremely quiet
- Line burner style
- Very fuel efficient with low emissions
- Low turn down ratio allows for a lower drying temperature without changing any parts
Electronic modulating valve heater controls provide computer-controlled gas flow to maintain plenum temperature set by the operator.
This system is much more fuel efficient than on-off or high-low controls.
Plenum temperature can be easily adjusted from the control box.
Full-Heat or Vacuum Cool Drying
Sukup Centrifugal Dryers are available in a double-stack configuration that allows you the flexibility to operate in full-heat or vacuum-cool mode.
Top module always operates in full-heat mode.
Bottom module can operate either in full-heat or pressure heat/vacuum-cool mode.
Panels within the plenum area are easily removed or replaced to switch between modes.
Adjustable air louvers are used to control airflow for different drying modes. Louvers open completely for full-heat drying. Louver openings are variable to adjust output grain temperature during pressure heat/vacuum-cool drying.
Optional Accessory Equipment:
- An Ethernet cable connects the QuadraTouch Pro control box to the dryer. 50', 100', 150' or 200' lengths available
- Support legs available in 24", 36" or 48" lengths.
- Incoming moisture sensor kit is field-installed and allows you to monitor the incoming grain moisture and gives the metering rolls a heads-up adjustment if the incoming grain moisture changes abruptly (std. on stacked, mixed flow and tower dryers)
- Static Discharge Moisture Sampler catches a sample of discharged grain, test the moisture, and releases it, making it more accurate than testing moving grain.
- Lift brackets are bolted to the top of the dryer for use as lift points if the dryer is to be picked up by a crane.
- GSM modem sends a text message to a pre-programmed number in the event of a dryer shut-down. You can also text the dryer and it will reply with current operating status. Adjustments such as changing plenum temp, grain moisture set-point, manual unload speed, or shutting down the dryer can also be made from your cell phone. Works off of GSM cell phone signal.
- MySukup Remote Web Access allows you to monitor and make changes to your dryer from your device. Dryer cannot be started remotely.
- Yard kit is used to make a dryer truly portable. Uses implement tires permanently mounted so that the dryer can be moved from site to site or stored in a building. Frame jacks are used with yard kit. When dryer is moved into position, simply crank down the jacks to support the weight of the dryer with no other support necessary.
- Discharge extensions for unload auger are available up to 10 ft.
- Service catwalk is located at the top of the dryer by the wet bin, one side only
- Side clean-off catwalk is located on the vertical portion of the outer screens, allowing you to safely clean the vertical screens and the top angled screen. Side clean-off catwalk goes around both sides and the rear of the dryer.
- Canvas fan inlet cover used to keep the fan blades from free-wheeling and also to keep debris out of the dryer
- Auxiliary motor controls - kits for fill or take-away equipment. 5, 7.5, 10 and 15 hp kits available
- Column temperature sensor allows you to batch-dry based on grain temperature.
- Stainless steel outer screens instead of standard galvanized screens.
- Stainless steel outer hardware instead of standard JS 500 plated hardware.
- Noise Suppression Kits quiets the axial fans. Engineered noise absorbing panels are used to build an enclosure around the fan without reducing airflow.